The NuPrime IDA-8 consists of an ultra-low-noise integrated amplifier and digital-to-analog converter that decodes USB PCM 384 and DSD 256 with the convenience of wireless audio in a small, handsomely designed home stereo component. NuPrime's new Class A+D hybrid amplification technologies deliver the substance and warmth of Class A amplification and the efficiency and speed of Class D technology in a milieu of un-measurable noise. The IDA-8's spacious, transparent, dynamic and luxuriously textured soundstage has to be heard to be believed
With all stages in one chassis, the IDA-8 avails itself of the shortest possible signal paths in order to facilitate vanishingly low levels of noise and distortion for a black-velvet background to music. The listener’s initial reaction might very well be “I can’t believe my ears!”
The IDA-8’s low noise floor is further complimented by an innovative volume control based on a thin-film resistor design that positions a single resistor in the signal path for each volume setting. Volume changes occur in 99 precise 0.5dB increments for each input’s individually adjustable volume level. Precise level matching is a breeze, as is the user’s ability to make comparisons of music sources.
By utilizing discrete components in NuPrime’s ULCAM circuit, the signal can be fine tuned to reduce noise and provide maximum power. The NuPrime amp circuit improves on traditional class-D design by using a self-oscillating circuit to generate pulse-width modulation. The amplifier switches at a frequency of 600kHz, well beyond the compact disc’s 44.1kHz sampling rate. Most class-D amps switch at 300kHz or lower. In addition, NuPrime’s SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing for ultra-low jitter and distortion rates. Completing the ensemble is NuPrime's new linear power supply with its high-efficiency toroidal transformer for reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance. The damping effect of the NuPrime isolation feet (patent pending) absorbs and cancels vibrations that degrade audio performance. The overall result is unprecedented transient speed and an almost shocking level of dynamic impact.
The IDA-8 achieves Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N) levels of less than 0.005% while achieving a system efficiency of up to 93%. The IDA-8's frequency response to 50 kHz elevates vocals into emotional experiences; similarly, instrumental upper registers mimic a live performance’s shimmering heights.
The IDA-8's features and specifications have few equals. Just one audition will convince you that the IDA-8’s performance and sophisticated styling are rarely duplicated at any price point.
- Ultra-Linear Class A Module (ULCAM) achieves audiophile-quality sound with Class-D’s dynamics, speed and efficiency. Extraordinary result of THD+N lower than 0.0015% and S/N ratio of -130dB for the preamp stage.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing with ultra-low jitter and distortion
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*)
- State-of-the-art DAC supporting USB PCM 384 and DSD256, that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs
- Analog line-out (Sub Out), with 3X the standard output power, provides impressive lows and a wide sound stage specifically designed for subwoofers
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle or future release of optional Wi-Fi dongle
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Four digital inputs and one stereo input for complete system flexibility
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise 0.5dB increments
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, with a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources
- Exclusive driver software for Windows
- Standard driver software for Mac
- Asynchronous transfer mode
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode
- Available in black or silver anodized aluminum finish
- Includes remote control
- 1 x USB PCM / DSD Digital (PCM up to 384kHz & DSD up to DSD256 )
- 1 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Optical Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Bluetooth or WiFi receiver module (optional).
- 1 x Analog Stereo RCA
- 1 x pair of stereo speaker (binding posts) output
- 1 x pair of stereo RCA (6V）
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 384KHz (Coaxial)
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 32-bits
- Bit Resolution: 16-32-bits
- Power output: 100W x 2 (8-Ohm)
- THD+N: 0.005%
- SNR = 95dB
- Peak Output Power: 280w
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 4.3Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 3A, 250VA